It’s a great idea to assess the amenities offered by each airline when flying business class, because when you’re shopping around for business class flights, you can find that the variations from airline to airline make all the difference to your enjoyment.
Business class flight amenities
- Better luggage allowance – each airline has its own luggage policy, but most of them offer business class passengers the chance to bring two bags, and may allow extra carry-on luggage at no cost. However, those bags still need to stay within the weight allowance, so check with your flight carrier.
- Business lounge – the business class lounge is a true perk! With elegant decor, plenty of space, attentive service and drinks and snacks, it makes airport time into a joy rather than a chore. Once again, each airline offers different benefits: showers, massages, work-stations, yoga classes etc, so check out what amenities you get in business class with each carrier before your book your flight
- Priority check in – business class passengers board first. It’s an amazing time-saver, and because you board through dedicated check-in lines, with priority screening and fast-track immigration, you’re also spending a lot less time queuing – and one thing we’ve all learned over the past couple of years is that spending less time with large amounts of strangers is often a real benefit!
- Great seating – whether you’re going to sit up all night working, or sleep the hours away, a business class seat will generally turn into a fantastic bed. Wider than economy seats, with an excellent armrest and loads of legroom, business class seating is generous. All airlines offer special pillows and bedding, nightlights and headphones or noise cancelling screening, and many have special storage lockers for your stuff, and some provide footstools.
- Quality dining – it’s not just the complimentary champagne and meals that are offered on business class flights, there’s also much greater variety. The food in business class is prepared by experts, sometimes Michelin starred chefs, and there’s usually a fantastic range, catering to all dietary preferences and restrictions.
- Superlative service – it’s not just business class lounges that offer great service. In flight, the attendants will generally be much more aware of and responsive to business class, because the ratio of flight attendants to business class passengers is much higher.