Last month British Airways announced a £400 million investment into its Club World business class product, including the introduction of restaurant-style dining for business class customers. Now the airline has finally set a date for the new service, announcing that September 1st will be the official launch date of the new dining experience.
Passengers travelling on long-haul flights between Heathrow and New York JFK will be able to select their choice of freshly prepared starters and desserts from new display trolleys, which will be pushed by cabin crew down the aisles. Highlights of the menu include burrata and tomato carpaccio, homemade beef gnocchi and line caught Cornish dover sole.
The full menu on BA’s flight from LHR to JFK:
- Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare with wasabi crème fraîche
- Burrata and tomato carpaccio with olive oil and balsamic dressing
- Creamy butternut squash soup with chive and sour cream
- Fresh seasonal salad, grilled vegetables and a choice of French dressing or olive oil and balsamic dressing
Entrees (Main Courses)
- Best of Heritage beef homemade gnocchi in Café de Paris sauce and pan-fried green asparagus
- Line-caught grilled Cornish Dover sole with Mediterranean lentils, celeriac mousseline and lemon butter
- Homemade artichoke ravioli Parmesan
- DO & CO‘s double chocolate medley
- Lemon tart
- Viennese-style apple strudel with vanilla sauce
- Fresh strawberries
- Cheese board with Somerset brie, Keen’s cheddar, Cropwell Bishop stilton, walnuts, grapes and fig chutney
White wines and champagnes will be presented on top of the trolleys in large, silver wine coolers, with the red wine bottles standing alongside them.
The wine menu includes:
- Bourgogne Chardonnay 2016,
- Patriarche Père et Fils from Burgundy
- Tiki Sauvignon Blanc 2016 from Marlborough
- Las Olas Malbec/Bonarda Reserve 2014 from the Famatina Valley in Argentina
- Reata Three County Pinot Noir 2013 from California.
The champagne options are Champagne Henriot Brut Souverain NV, Champagne de Castelnau Brut Réserve NV and Champagne de Castelnau Brut Rosé NV.
The new menu has been rigorously tested by BA on numerous flights to make sure it will please even the most discerning Business Class customers. Colin Talbot, British Airways’ head of catering, said:
“We’ve really focused on attention to detail with the new Club World menu, with the aim of delivering a real restaurant experience in the sky. We’ve considered everything from flavours and textures, to look and feel, all of which have to work at altitude. The dishes are designed to pop with taste and the table settings are both elegant and practical, with thought-through details such as stemless wine glasses.”
The second phase of the £400m investment will begin in Autumn, when British Airways will introduce new bedding created by The White Company. The iconic British retailer has designed an elegant day cushion, a bespoke, luxuriously soft large pillow, a super-soft woven blanket with satin trim, a specially developed luxury duvet, and a padded mattress cover for an extra layer of comfort.
Club World customers will also receive an elegant new amenity kit designed by The White Company, containing skincare products from the retailer’s ‘Restore & Relax Spa Collection’, as well as a soft jersey eye-mask.
The new restaurant-style service and sleep experience will be rolled across BA’s long-haul network this autumn/winter and throughout 2018.
In addition to the Club World improvements, a new First Wing check-in area with direct security and lounge access has opened at Heathrow Terminal 5, while lounges around the airline’s network are set to be refreshed and improved. The new Club Europe cabin has been introduced on UK domestic services and all customers can look forward to the latest generation Wi-Fi across British Airways’ long-haul and short-haul fleets over the next two years.