Airline Alliance, Oneworld is introducing new ‘Priority’ branding at airports to enable premium and status travellers to easily identify where they are entitled to receive their member benefits.
The move comes as a response to some apparent passenger confusion regarding the types of benefits they can expect during their journey.
The new design features the Oneworld logo, the word ‘Priority’, and the symbols for Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, depending on which travellers have access. The newly developed design will allow passengers to locate check-in, fast track, lounges, and the right queue when boarding, among other services.
The branding process will replace signs at over 1,000 airports in 155 countries worldwide. The first to receive the new signage was Perth in Australia, where the new signs were unveiled on Friday 26th June.
It is expected to take 12 months for the roll out to be completed, with 125 of Oneworld’s most important airports receiving the new branding before summer 2016.
Oneworld’s CEO, Bruce Ashby commented on the range of benefits for frequent travellers, ‘We firmly believe that Oneworld offers the most compelling range of alliance benefits for our most loyal customers.
“We also know that identifying where to take advantage of those privileges in often cluttered airport environments, particularly in unfamiliar surroundings, can sometimes be a challenge, even for the most frequent traveller. The new oneworld Priority signage is designed to overcome that.”
Oneworld outlines the benefits, where the logo will be used, as per below:
Emerald Tier members
- First Class and Business Class check-in desks; regardless of class of travel
- Fast track security checks at selected airports
- First Class and Business Class lounges as well as frequent flyer lounges for international travellers regardless of class of travel
- Priority boarding
Sapphire Tier members
- Business Class check-in desks, regardless of class of travel
- Business Class and Frequent Flyer lounges
- Priority boarding lines
Ruby Tier members
- Business class check-in desks, regardless of class of travel (note: Qantas will not offer this to Ruby Tier members until 1st August, offering premium economy check-in in the interim).